West Palm Beach, Fla (Nov. 20, 2023) – Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) recommends travelers follow easy tips for a stress-free journey through the airport this holiday season. The airport will be busier than usual with record passenger volumes occurring since late spring.
Tips for an Easy Holiday Trip:
- Check with your airline on your flight’s status before coming to the airport.
- If you are picking someone up, be sure to wait in the Cell Phone Waiting lot, located off Belvedere Road behind Drive Shack. Vehicles may not wait at the passenger pick up area near the terminal.
- Allow extra time to find parking and be aware parking areas closest to the terminal often reach capacity around the holidays.
- Remember to lock your vehicle when leaving it at the airport and never leave the keys with the vehicle.
- Never bring prohibited items including weapons of any kind to the airport. Mace and pocket knives are among prohibited items.
- Always have your boarding pass and ID ready when going through TSA screening.
- Anticipate longer than typical screening times around the holiday season.
- Check with your airline to ensure your carry-on bag will fit in the overhead compartment.
- Label all luggage with your name and contact information.
- Liquids and gels in carry-on bags must be 3.4 oz. or less and fit in a one quart clear zip seal bag. Each passenger is only permitted one zip seal bag.
- If you lose an item at the airport, follow the instructions at: http://www.pbia.org.
- Remember: ride sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are available on level three while taxis and bus service are available on level one.
- Monitor PBI’s social media accounts for significant announcements.
About Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) serves more than 7 million passengers annually and offers 200 nonstop flights daily and 13 airlines. As a part of PBI’s COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan, PBI became an accredited GBAC STAR™ facility and achieved Airport Health Accreditation by Airports Council International.
PBI ranks 4th Best Airport in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards and 4th Best in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power. PBI boasts Best in the U.S. for Shortest Overall TSA Wait Times by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. PBI is also rated 8th Best Domestic Airport by Travel + Leisure. For more information, visit: pbia.org and follow PBI on Facebook, X and Instagram for updates and announcements.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Palm Beach County Department of Airports